Staff Analog Design Engineering
Location: Milpitas, CA, United States, North America
The Staff Analog Design Engineer develops key analog IP for microcontroller based Application Specific Standard Products (ASSPs). Activities include specification, planning, architecture based on system level requirements, CMOS analog circuit level design, design verification using Spice simulation, block level and chip level layout guidance, conducting design reviews, silicon validation including bench testing, and production test support. In addition, the engineer will evaluate and improve methodologies.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate must have the skills and ability to perform the following essential job duties and responsibilities:
- Specify and investigate and determine micro architecture based on system level requirements.
- Perform CMOS transistor level circuit design and simulation to specifications.
- Perform design verification through Spice simulation and other appropriate means.
- Support mixed-signal verification.
- Generate analog specifications and design descriptions for design reviews.
- Support the creation of appropriate design views needed for circuit integration.
- Oversee physical layout efforts for the analog circuits and support chip level layout.
- Perform silicon validation including test bench design.
- Ensure appropriate validation and production test methods are employed.
- Evaluate and improve design flows and methodologies and understand foundry technologies.
- Coordinate other engineers and 3rd parties.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- BSEE or BSCS required, MSEE or MSCS preferred.
- 9 years minimum related experience.
- Experience in the design of a wide range of analog functions such as: bandgap reference, VBO/POR, ADC, DAC, temperature sensor, PLL/FLL, comparator, op amp, crystal oscillator, and embedded oscillator.
- Experience with IO design and chip level architecture/validation a plus.
- Able to apply knowledge of manufacturing tolerances to design, verification, and characterization plans.
- Self-motivated and able to optimize designs given performance, cost and power constraints.
- Strong teamwork and communication skills including the ability to coordinate other engineers and 3rd parties.
- Good organizational skills.
ABOUT THIS COMPANY:
Zilog is a division of IXYS Corporation, which is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We conduct all employment-related activities without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by applicable State or Federal employment discrimination laws. IXYS welcomes diversity in the workplace.
To apply, please
email your resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 408-416-0223.